HANDLE WITH CARE
User Not Found 2019 Tour Announced!
We're delighted to announce that User Not Found is back in 2019! Catch it on tour across the UK in April, or at our London premiere in May.
Find the full dates and how to book below:
Monday 22nd – Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Unity Theatre: LEAF Café, Liverpool
Thursday 25th April 2019
Corn Exchange, Newbury
Monday 29th – Tuesday 30th April 2019
Wales Millenium Centre: Quantum Coffee Roasters
Thursday 2nd May 2019
Ventnor Exchange, Isle of Wight
Wednesday 8th May 2019
Paisley Arts Centre, Paisley, Scotland
Friday 10th – Saturday 11th May 2019
Hull Truck Theatre as part of Grow Festival
Monday 13th May 2019
Norwich Theatre Royal in partnership with Norfolk & Norwich Festival
Friday 17th May – Sunday 2nd June 2019
The CoffeeWorks Project, Battersea (presented in partnership with Nine Elms on the South Bank, in association with BAC)
Take On Me
We're so delighted to have completed our Take On Me tour: from September 2018 - March 2019 we worked with 249 Guest Cast Members & performed to 1,482 people! A massive thank you to everyone who has been a part of it!
"It’s a moving, funny and ultimately joyful show about life at the deep end." - Read about the production in the The Guardian
The 2018-19 performances were a blast, with incredible Guest Casts in each location making each performance an absolute joy.
The Lowry’s Young Theatre Makers
We've been working with The Lowry’s Young Theatre Makers to present their debut performance as The Offstage Ensemble, Bright Futures.
It’s a busy afternoon at Bright Futures…it’s performance review day for the junior sales team. Join them for a panicky, primal, perfect-score-attaining power hour – where the wannabe executives circle around the photocopier, ready to trip you up on your ‘Real Growth Initiative’ presentation and get lunch all down your ‘Client Impact Objectives’.
The Offstage Ensemble in collaboration with Dante or Die will transform an unused office space into an original landscape of ambition, competition…and, er… complete professionalism.
Find dates and tickets here: https://thelowry.com/whats-on/bright-futures/
Terry is in Ireland
Terry is currenlty in rehearsals in his hometown of Limerick, Ireland. He is directing Bread Not Profits - a brand new site-specific play by acclaimed writer Mike Finn. Performed in Cleeve's - a former toffee factory - Terry has been developing the project over two years. The production is inspired by the little known story of an all-city worker's strike that saw ordinary people taking control for an extraordinary ten days. The production marks the centenary of this incredible story, with a cast of 25 people and the audience being divided into three groups to experience the strike from a variety of different angles. The show will run for 10 nights from 17 - 27 April.
Hong Kong International Arts Festival
Terry & Daphna have just returned from the Hong Kong International Arts Festival. They were facilitating artist workshops for Hong Kong based theatre-makers interested in learning how we make our site-specific productions. They also had the pleasure of mentoring theatre-makers who are developing new productions at the exciting Cattle Depot Artist Village.
User Not Found Reviews
We were delighted with the reception by critics and audiences to User Not Found, performed at the Jeelie Piece Cafe as part of the Traverse Festival 2018, and then on a UK wide tour in October 2018 across 12 venues.
- “Written with a chatty poetic restraint by Chris Goode, this show is a beautiful dance of love, death and grief delivered via a single live performer (the phenomenal Terry O’Donovan), headphones and mobile phones.“ ★★★★
Lyn Gardner in The Independent
- “A tender, intimate story of love and letting go.” ★★★★
- "handles mourning and technology with fingertip lightness" ★★★★ The Sunday Times
- "There is surreal magic in the seemingly everyday details of this expertly crafted show... they light the room with the power of tactile, human connection." ★★★★★ The Skinny
- “A raw and magnetic performance... a gorgeous show about grief in the era of hyper connectivity“. ★★★★
- "This production is what theatre in 2018 should be - ambitious, contemporary and thought-provoking." ★★★★★ Broadway World
- “It feels like a privilege to listen to and watch O’Donovan so intimately.” ★★★★
- “O’Donovan’s understated but deeply emotional performance generates an ethereal experience of astonishing power“ ★★★★★
The Reviews Hub
- "It’s a reflective piece about dealing with death and living online – two different kinds of absence wrapped up in one." ★★★★ Matt Trueman in Fest
User Not Found Playscript On Sale
We have published the playscript of User Not Found, which includes imagery from Marmelo's app design. We're really proud of it - and you can buy it directly from the brilliant publishers Oberon RIGHT HERE.