HANDLE WITH CARE
A violin brushes past you. A guitar strums against your back. A trumpet sounds above your head. A loop machine distorts what you’ve just heard then plays it back to you... Performers twist and tumble through Caliper Boy’s whirlwind, life-long search for the answer to the question “Why aren’t I like the other children mother?”.
Created through devising in a variety of disused buildings, Caliper Boy is an immersive and visceral theatrical experience; alive with the tension of a fraught urban landscape.
Calliper Boy premiered at Camden People’s Theatre.
Touring performances included:
- Latitude Festival
- Dublin Fringe Festival
- People Show Studios, London
- Created by: Daphna Attias, Terry O’Donovan, Anthea Neagle & Clare Parke-Davies
- Directed by: Daphna Attias
- Writing by: Anthea Neagle
- Design by: Michelle Reader
- Original Music by: Yaniv Fridel & Left With Pictures
- Performed by: Terry O’Donovan, Yaniv Fridel, Stuart Barter, Toby Knowles/Tom The Fox, Pia Nordin/Sarah Sproull
The Irish Times
Time Out London
Developed with the support of Camden People’s Theatre. Funded by Arts Council England & Royal Victoria Hall Foundation.