It's the moment of your death.
There’s a magic button.
Do you delete your entire online legacy?
Or do you keep it – and leave the choice for someone else?
USER NOT FOUND is about our digital lives after we die. Our new play, created with pioneering theatre-artist Chris Goode, is performed in cafés across the country, where you’ll be handed a smartphone and a pair of headphones. Become a fly-on-the-wall to peer into the life of a man who is faced with keeping or deleting. A story of contemporary grief unfolds through this intimate, funny performance that gently interrogates our need for connection.
We're very excited that that User Not Found will be part of the upcoming Traverse Festival programme at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this August, at Jeelie Piece Café. You can find more details about the Traverse Festival and the full programme here.
- 26th September (18.30 & 21.00): Belltable, Limerick, Ireland
- 2nd October (18:00 & 20:30): Harlow Playhouse, Harlow
- 4th October (18:00 & 20:30): South Street Arts, Reading
- 6th October (19:00 & 21:30): Brighton Dome, as part of Brighton Digital Festival
- 10th October (18:00 & 20:30): Drill Hall, Lincoln
- 12th October (18:00 & 20:30): Oxford Playhouse
- 16th October (18.00 & 20.30): The Edge, University of Bath
- 17th October (18:00 & 20:30): The Junction, Cambridge
- 19th October (18:00 & 20:30): Mansfield Old Library, Mansfield
- 23rd October (18:00 & 20.30): Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester
- 25th October (18:15 & 20:45): Pot Kettle Black Café, Orbit Festival, HOME, Manchester
- 27th October (18:00 & 20:30): Canvas Coffee, New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth
- Created by Daphna Attias, Terry O'Donovan & Chris Goode
- Created in collaboration with Marmelo
- Directed by Daphna Attias
- Writing by Chris Goode
- Performed by Terry O'Donovan
- Creative Technology Design by Marmelo
- Lighting & Set Design by Zia Bergin-Holly
- Composition & Sound Design by Yaniv Fridel
- Video Design by Preference Studio
- Access Development & Captioning by Sophie Gunn
- Costume Design & Design Assistance by Alessia Mallardo
- Technical Stage Managers Tom Clutterbuck & Philippa Mannion
As part of this project, we have partnered with Professor Lib Taylor of the University of Reading, who is researching the use of social media within immersive performance. An AHRC-funded project, is is a collaboration between ourselves, Univerity of Reading's Film, Theatre & Television Dept, Marmelo and John Troyer at University of Bath's Centre for Death & Society. There will be opportunities to take part in workshops around digital ownership, legacy and identity as this strand of the project develops. You can keep up to date with the research project here.
User Not Found is the recipient of In Good Company's mid-career artist commission and was developed with the support of artsdepot's Creative Residencies, Southbank Centre, University of Reading, South Street, The New Wolsey Theatre, Roundhouse London & Stone Nest.
The project is funded by IMAF, AHRC, Cockayne - Grants for the Arts & The London Community Foundation, The Wellcome Trust Public Engagement Fund & Arts Council England.